NEW PARENTS GROUP
- Who can become a Fairfax Moms member? Parents of children aged 0 to 6 and expecting mothers are welcome to join. Please live in Fairfax, West Marin, San Anslemo, San Rafael or surrounding areas. Our group is interested in supporting mothers and families who live in and around Fairfax as well as folks who enjoy visiting our town. Fairfax Moms is supported by FOCAS and the Town of Fairfax.
- How are membership dues spent? Our membership dues cover the administrative and operating expenses of our group including the New Parents Group, Events, Programming, and more. Your donation is tax deductible, use tax id #94-6000330. Your $35 also manifests support for new moms and enables us to provide programming for the 0-6 population. As a member, you will also be able to book the Community Center for your own playgroup at no cost, depending on availability.
- What are the benefits of joining? So many! We are in love with this town and we are committed to helping you connect with the amazing parenting community that exists here. We take an active roll in helping you to meet other families face to face through the New Parents Group, yearly family events, classes, and night time salons. We do have an online forum where you can keep up contact as well. By far the most valuable benefit is knowing that you are joining a strong and inclusive group of women who have pledged to support you and each other in mothering.
- How to join? Please visit our MemberPlanet page or email email@example.com with any question about membership. You will receive an email invitation to join the group.
- How to renew? You will receive a renewal invitation via MemberPlanet 30 days before your membership expires.
- How to end membership? If you are moving (or for whatever reason) and would like to end your membership before it expires please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the current Membership lead will remove you from the group. We do not offer refunds for any remainder of membership dues.
NEW PARENTS GROUP
- Can anyone drop in on the New Parents Group with out paying the Fairfax Moms membership dues? Yes, please do stop by. We want to meet you: come late, stay late, breast feed or bottle feed while your are there, leave without saying goodbye, let your baby cry and fuss and spit up!
- I know a lot of people in town already. What will I gain from attending the New Parents Group? Giving feels good. Perhaps you will gain by getting to be the expert in the room on resources and town happenings. In addition you might find a new friend for your babe.
- The time isn't right for me and my baby. How can I connect with moms in the area? Please feel free to use the email list to your advantage. Click reply all and send out an email suggesting a hike or inviting folks over to your place.
- I attended group once and didn't connect with anyone. What do you suggest? Please do try again. Each Tuesday is attended by different folks.
- How does the toddler playgroup work? The playgroup is set up to connect families with similar age children to create a small and more comfortable support system. This is a small town and chances are your playgroup kids will grow up together and attend kindergarden together!
- I just moved to the area and want to meet families with kids the same age as mine. How can I make this happen? Please do post to the forum on MemberPlanet asking for playmates. You will be surprised at how responsive folks are.